CrossCode CrossCode

Can't even move around.

Clockwork Cat Clockwork Cat

Quite a nice little game here, but I found a bug accidentally at the very end.

When you press X after drifting off o sleep, another cat will show up, insert the wrench, and go to sleep as well. Apparently by doing this, you can stack cats.

My Monster Ex's My Monster Ex's

The game is fun and all, but I really only found one problem with it, and that came whenever you got a new medal. The game suddenly takes on some serious lag, which immediately downplays any strategy in avoiding your ex's special moves for a considerable amount of time. I had to sit for several moments with a dead Chet as the girls kept tossing their stuff at me.

Cubus Velox Cubus Velox

2 words:

Fuckin' Lag

Fear Less! Fear Less!

Well this is certainly a fun little game.

I have to say, first off, I wasn't affected by the optical illusion in play here. Could be that I never identified it.

This is perhaps one of the most simple games on Newgrounds I have found in a long time. The controls are easy and manageable, which really affects the difficulty of the game, going from beginner to expert as you progress. [Especially when landing after a triple jump; can't even count the amount of times I got hit] This right here is gaming at its core.

I found it cute that you chose Death to look like a fox, as well as the three foes you can head hunt as well. The graphics were simple, and I love the feeling of nostalgia they evoke. The girl's expressions were well thought-out, which I think adds to the cuteness of it all, despite it's rather grim premise. Kudos to you.

The music was catchy and well done, and on more than one occasion, I wanted to just bop along to it, even if I was constantly running and slaying animals. I especially love the little parts that sounded reversed, which really added a nice touch to the game and helped convey the feeling of a bad dream or nightmare. You could say it sort of spurred me to get all the medals. Although reversing music may sound weird, given the song, I think you guys pulled it off stupendously.

Overall, the game was very nice, with a simple, achievable goal over time. It had enough appeal to keep me playing, and I shall say it is a gem of a game, truly unique amongst others.

5 5 Fav
Loved every second of it!

innomin responds:

Thanks so much, we really appreciate the glowing review! Some of those 0/5 people were getting to me, but comments like this remind me why we do this. =)

Dusty's Castle Dusty's Castle

Well this is certainly an interesting game!

I love the whole concept of good vs evil behind it, and how Dusty [I assume the character is named Dusty?] is posed with all these different choices. Of course I went with all of the ones that ended with Azarel, so you can see just how curiously naughty I am, but I digress.

Overall, the game wasn't too bad. The animations were fluid despite some lag here and there, the designs and artwork were great, and the environment was well-suited.

Now there are a few things about this game that, if tweaked or fixed, could make it loads better.
--For starters, there's absolutely no music. Why is there no music? Or any noise at all? You've given us the eye candy, but we need the ear candy as well, especially during all the devilish choices.
--Second is a few grammatical/spelling errors, the majority during your choice with the plant. I can't recall the exact words, but look into it when you can.
--Thirdly, Dusty needs some feet, and the ability to walk; I know we're in the "between-worlds", but hey, you don't see angels and demons constantly flapping their wings. Also, the gloves make her hands look a little too big, but I don't expect you to change that. Just thought I'd point it out, rather.
--The coloring process; this needs a bit more uniform. I know you can select pretty much any color and shade, but sometimes choosing those, particularly around the edges, is a tad under-worked. Why not have pages or something, or select a color and then choose a shade or hue? Or if you stick with the current layout, be able to drag your mouse until you find the perfect shade?

Other than that, I found nothing wrong with the game, and if worked on harder, could be a whole lot better!

Ghostly Me Ghostly Me

Great Game.
Nice Environments.
Interesting Characters.
Interesting Concept.

Really poor excuse for an ending.

Beat Chaser 2 Beat Chaser 2

As for the game itself, it's very well done. The unique combination of both genres gave a nice welcome for me into the bullet heaven half, making it both calm and chaotic, especially when a sudden shift in tempo came up in the current song, making it even more dastardly.
The characters seemed too static, really. Just a 4-frame loop or something, and it didn't really do much with the physical appeal. However, this IS more about rhythm and dodging, so I'll let the characters slide.

All in all, it's great fun, and I hope you keep it up! 5 5 Fav

Nonako responds:

"I've been on this game for a bit, experimenting with different songs and patterns, until I found a bug with pattern 11. This bug affected both Flower Viewing and Pattern Training (I'm not terrific at bullet heavens, unfortunately) and when I clicked on a difficulty, the song just immediately stopped, and the screen kinda just sat there. I could hover over the difficulties and go back to the main menu, but never further ahead."
- I just tested and don't get it. This problem sounds quite weird to me. If you still get the problem please let me know. :<

Thank you so much for playing and feedback!

Elf Story Elf Story

What a fun little game you have here. Despite it's length, I found it quite enjoyable. Took me a while to get all the medals, but I certainly had fun doing so.

Being based highly off of the Zelda franchise, I had a few doubts when I first fired up the game. But as I played it more and more, and even after the first replay, I started to enjoy it more. While Edwin may be slow to move from one point to the next, that is my only concern, and ask if you may be able to speed that up slightly.

Art and animation were well executed, from every attack and kill, to character design, and even subtle acts such as the bird poop. They all add interesting ways to find out just how Edwin (or Elfmin in the game world) dies, and how you finish off bandits. I was certainly thrown for a loop when I discovered the Wheel of Decimation medal. Hoo boy. Splendid work, buddy. Just splendid!

The music, despite there only being 3 (?) tracks (can't quite remember if menu music and the first scene are the same) the music was enjoyable and I liked the tone it gave of a boy trying to save a world by being a badass. Fantastic!

All in all, I give this a 5/5 overall, and would like to see a possible sequel. Keep up the great work!

mexipino responds:

Thank you DarkAlmighty for the awesome and in-depth review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the game for all that it was and praised the game's strengths. You appreciated the detail that was put into the game, and for that, I highly appreciate your review of my game. Viewing the different ways to die and ways to kill enemies was really what I wanted to elaborate on and have those animations set this game apart from anything else on the web.

Anyway, I'm really glad that you enjoyed playing/getting all of the medals.. Rest assured, any faults that this game had will be corrected/made better in the upcoming sequel. Stay tuned!

- Eric

Desutori Desutori

With roughly 780 lives left, I managed to conquer the final boss.

It's a cute little game, sound effects were decent, Venus' voice was nice and clear, but our mysterious little friend seemed like she was too far from the mic. Levels and music were nice, liked the snow level music the most.

All in all, I give it a 4.5. I was a nice piece!

Kooh responds:

Thank you very much for the review, we appreciate it!